Saturday, August 29, 2015

Glory {Art} Art Scripture Challenge #13, Religion

Good Morning all.  Hope your weekend has started off well.  Mine has because I started my morning reading the Bible and then wanted to work on my Glory Art Challenge, so more of searching God's Words for us.  Patter had given us the word "Religion."  What does Religion mean?  I have had so many people say, "I am not a religious person, or religious people just seem so angry."  What I have told others in my life as a Christian is: "I am not a religious person either, I just love the Lord and want to do all I can for him.  It is a matter of a relationship, not religion."  I love this quote that Patter used in her post on Religion, ""Religion is about our attempt to reach God. The Gospel is about the truth that God reached out to us. God is not about religion, He is about relationship." 
 
So as I was looking for a text I wanted to use for this subject, for some reason I kept coming back to this stamp set I purchased ages ago from Our Daily Bread Designs called Children of God.  If we are a child of God, our demeanor, our actions, and our love for Him and for others should show this, not because me may be Baptist, Methodist or something else.  There was actually two verses in this stamp set that I had looked up when I was searching the scriptures on a relationship with God and that made a lot of sense when you look at, "Are you Religious, or do you have a Relationship with God.
 
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Luke 18:16
 
You see children come to God just as they are.  They have no doubts, no preconceptions about who he is.  They trust Him and love Him.  But we as adults seem to look at what we have been taught all our lives and sometimes this can cause us to be very hypocritical when we should not be.  Children are who they are and that is just it, humble in everyway.  This is going totally different than when I first started thinking on it this morning.  Now I feel led to go to a scripture that I read first thing this morning, so I will share it with you now.
 
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.  1 Corinthians 10:31.
 
That is what I want is to do everything to the glory of God an when people see me, they see Him.  I can assure you I have definitely failed greatly at this lately.  I want to be like that child, loving and holding out my arms to the one true God, worshiping my Lord and my Savior.
 
Whoever welcomes a Little child like this in My name welcomes Me! Matthew 18:5.
 
So here is my mixed media piece for today!
 
 


 
So please go and check out Patter's post on Religion.  You will be glad you did.  Hope you all have a wonderful day.  I love you all!
 


2 comments:

Kay said...

Thanks you so much for your words today, they were just what I needed today. Amazing how God does that, isn't it?

Jonia said...

Yes it is! That is why when God speaks to your heart you need to share it. Thanks Kay!