Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Welcome Home - MDS Scrapbook Page

Happy Tuesday everyone!  I am so happy to be able to share another My Digital Studio Page with you!  This one is very special to me as my Son-In-Law spent 7 months in Afghanistan last year and I was able to be there when he returned.  It was a very special moment for me as I remember those days before my husband retired from the Air Force!  The joy of them finally coming home safe!  There is no feeling like it.  So I am so happy to be able to share with you this event through scrap booking.  My inspiration for this came from the MDS Monday Sketch #17.  


The first picture on the left here was my daughter running into his arms - I did not see him until she took off and then I started taking pictures which was the reason I was allowed to go. lol  Anyway, you can almost see my granddaughter as she was awaiting her turn to get a hug.  In the second photo, they finally turn loose of each other and then they look at my Granddaughter like yes now it is your turn!  Now this is where I am glad that my husband was doing the video (again the only reason he was there) because it was at that time that my camera decided not to take a photo and I missed the hug between Scott and Kyrsten.  But, it is on video, yea!!  Of course Kyrsten had made him a welcome home sign and that is the 3rd picture I have on here.  It was really a wonderful time and I again am so happy I was able to be a part of it.  Now of course we have an addition to that family and you have seen some of those pages I know!

My Digital Studio was used to capture this moment along with a free Marine digital kit from Marisal Lerin from Pixel Scrapper!

Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, Jonia! Beautiful page of a precious event! Love what you've done with those great photos! Thank you for sharing it! :o)

Angella D. Crockett said...

Oh, how awesome!!!!! What a fabulous page for a special homecoming!!!! Thanks so much, Jonia, for sharing your family with us! Love and miss you bunches, sister!!! Mwaaaah!

beth rush said...

wonderful page, love that background! I have no pictures of my husbands homecoming because I was not smart enough to have someone come with my son and I! too busy hugging to take any pictures! Your page turned out great and the star was the perfect choice. thanks for joining us at MDS Monday!

Heidi Baks said...

What a beautiful page, Jonia! It makes me tear up. :) Thanks for sharing!

jjcreations said...

You've created a wonderful page - I love the background and the strips you've used along the side. Thanks for playing along with us at MDS Monday.