Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Hymn & Scripture Challenge - Hymn # 9 - This is My Father's World

Do you every just walk outside and look at the beauty all around and just think, "What an awesome God we serve?"  I certainly do!  There are times I have taken my grandchildren outside as babies and talked to them about all the wonderful creations that God made.  I would say my favorite time of the year to do this is the late spring early summer as that is when I see the new coming out everywhere and the singing of the birds early in the morning just brings such joy to me.  I just love this time of the year.  So all of this reminded me of the Hymn that is next in Patter's Hymn and Scripture challenge, "This is My Father's World."  The great thing is, He created each and every season for us to enjoy and we all enjoy them in a different way.

Patter has a wonderful post regarding this hymn and you should definitely go over to her blog and check it out along with the others who are entering the challenge.  I have seen some wonderful samples as I have been doing this challenge.

Here is this hymn sung by Amy Grant and a beautiful Hymn!  I think you will enjoy it.

The verse I chose to go with this hymn is Psalm 33:1-3

Rejoice in the Lord, O you righteous!
For praise from the upright is beautiful.
Praise the Lord with the harp;
Make melody to Him with an instrument of ten strings.
Sing to Him a new song;
Play skillfully with a shout of joy.

That is how I feel when I see all the newness springing out! I just want to praise him and shout for joy at the newness of His creation each day.  Rejoice in the Lord!!!!

Now here is how I saw this hymn!


I used My Digital Studio Template Spring Break II for this Layout!

Now don't forget to stop by Patter's blog to check out her post!
I am also linking this to Word art Wednesday!
Have a great rest of the week!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

What a delightful page!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO pretty, Jonia. I greatly enjoy your art and thank you SO MUCH for sharing it in our challenges. May God bless you as you create and share.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Stephanie said...

This is so pretty Jonia! I always enjoy seeing your projects. They never disappoint. I agree with you that you can't look around at nature and not be impressed at how awesome and amazing our God is! Thanks so much for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.

Nancy said...

Your page is so beautiful, Jonia! Absolutely lovely! Fabulous Scripture too, of course!
I am kind of behind, aren't I? Hope to be caught up soon! I shared Amy Grant too...she does a beautiful job! :o)