Thursday, February 14, 2013

Hymn & Scripture Challenge 2013/Hymn #3 My Faith Looks Up to Thee

This is another beautiful hymn, but one I am not that familiar with.  But, again, it is beautiful and one with some of the most beautiful words I know.  The title tells it all, as our faith should look up to Him, JESUS!  He is the one that can take our sin away, the only one who can forgive us of our sin.  So my faith has to be in Him!

For some reason Psalm 23 kept coming to mind as I was doing my page, so when it was all said and done, I just put Psalm 23 at the top of the page. "The Lord is my Shepherd."


And, if you would like to hear this fabulous hymn you can click herePatter has a wonderful post on her blog about this hymn and it's origination and also a wonderful devotion you will not want to miss.  So please stop over and visit her blog, Triple the Scraps.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Jonia: What a wonderful piece of art, and I just LOVE the sheet music worked into your project too. Thanks for sharing this with us in our challenge this week. It's awesome!
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Unknown said...

Jonia,
I was so thrilled to see that you are doing the hymn challenge as well. I have been singing this hymn
since Patter posted it.
The 23rd Psalm reveals the seven redemptive Names of God. It always delivers peace and courage.
Your page is lovely.
since Patter posted it.

Nancy said...

If it comes to you...you just have to use it! :o)
Gorgeous page and beautiful Scripture, Jonia! The pop of red is wonderful, as are the pretty flowers!
I'm way behind on my visits but I hope to be back to catch up very soon! :o)